Follow the guidelines below to optimize your projector’s lamp life.
- Reduce the number of power on/power off cycles. Turning your projector on and off can rapidly age the projector’s lamp. Instead, leave your projector powered on until you’ve finished using it.
- Never unplug your projector while the lamp is lit. Turn your projector off and wait 30 minutes for the lamp to cool completely before removing the old lamp assembly.
- Avoid turning off the projector during the lamp ignition phase because this can lead to premature lamp failure
- Never turn off the projector by unplugging it.
- Never replace the lamp assembly with a previously used lamp assembly.
- Don’t expose your projector’s lamp to excessive levels of dust, humidity or smoke. Dust and smoke can clog vents and rest on the lamp, causing it to overheat.
- Don’t touch any part of the replacement lamp assembly with your fingers or tools. Fingerprints and other contamination can cause premature lamp failure.
- Vibration and mechanical shock can damage a projector’s lamp, especially when the lamp is hot. Avoid moving a projector when it’s running or hasn’t cooled down.
- Change your projector’s settings to either Standard or Economy.
To change your projector’s lamp mode settings to Standard or Economy
- Press Menu on the projector’s remote control.
- Select Lamp Mode to adjust the image’s brightness, and then select Standard to brighten the image, or Economy to darken the image.
- Check the SMART Board 600i Series Interactive Whiteboard System Installation and Configuration Guide (smarttech.com/kb/087643) for more information on the Unifi 35 projector.
- SMART Board 600i2 interactive whiteboard series (Unifi 45 projector): 2000 hours in Standard (504 W) mode / 3000 hours in Economy (470 W) mode
- SMART Board 600i3 interactive whiteboard series (SMART UF55 and SMART UF55w projectors): 3000 hours in Standard (200 W) mode / 4000 hours in Economy (160 W) mode
- SMART Board 685ix interactive whiteboard series (SMART UX60 projector): 2500 hours in Standard (230 W) mode / 4000 hours in Economy (190 W) mode
- See the SMART Board 600i Series Interactive Whiteboard System Installation and Configuration Guide (smarttech.com/kb/087643), page 62.
- See the SMART Board 600i2 Interactive Whiteboard System Configuration and User’s Guide (smarttech.com/kb/118924), pages 3-4.
- See the UF55/UF55w Projector User’s Guide (smarttech.com/kb/133564) or the SMART Board 600i3 and SBD600i3 Interactive Whiteboard System Configuration and User’s Guide (smarttech.com/kb/131156), pages 57-65.
- See the SMART Board 685ix Interactive Whiteboard System Configuration and User’s Guide (smarttech.com/kb/137396), pages 13-19.