There are several ways to return a software activation. Choose the method that suits your requirements best.
Method 1 - Returning an activation on a single computer
You can return an activation key from a computer with SMART Notebook software still installed. Once these steps are complete, SMART Notebook will not open unless you have an activation key with valid maintenance.
- Open SMART Notebook software
- Select Help > Software Activation...
- Select the product key you wish to return and click Manage Selected Product Key...
- Select Return the product key so a different computer can use it and click Next.
- Select Submit request automatically. Select Submit request manually if you aren't online or if you are having connection issues.
Method 2 - Returning an activation by command line
This method allows you to return activation keys from multiple computers across your network or from an individual machine silently and remotely. SMART software is required to be installed for the command line to work.
To locate the applicable command line for your software version and operating system, go to the SMART Notebook support page
, choose your version and click Installing and Maintaining
. At the bottom of this page, you will find the system administrator's guide which will have a section about returning an activation by command line.